In the ODI CAB Meeting held during Open World we’ve heard a lot of new insights regarding ODI Suite and several cases.
To sum up the main differentiators of ODI when talking about a Data Integration Strategy:
- ODI Suite: Data Delivery Services by usage of ESB, the mediator
- ODI Suite: Orchestration of composite services through Oracle BPEL Process Manager integration
- Data Profiling & Data Quality: end to end governance, statistical analysis, cleansing of data and prevention of bad data being loaded
- Unified workflows using knowledge modules
- Declarative design using only databases and pl/sql, no need for other technologies
- Datamart to deliver star schema’s
- Hyperion integration for fast querying
- Webservices to integrate to third party applications, e.g. for campaigns
- Metadata Navigator for data lineage (and documentation purposes)
ODI will be incorporated throughout the entire Oracle Stack to enable pervasive data integration.
Pre-packaged data-integration for Apps (Peoplesoft, Siebel, SAP) so all ETL-flows are performed by ODI.
Tips & Tricks when using ODI for your enterprise-wide data integration:
- Define groups in ODI
- Use ODI Security Module for creating generic and non-generic profiles and arrange user rights
- Use Oracle Analytic functions
- Use naming standards for variables, user functions, …
- Don’t call pl/sql functionality outside ODI, this would be strong wiring
For information regarding ODI you can download our presentation were we’ve compared OWB, ODI and ODI Suite: The Next Generation of Business Integration: Making the right choice!